The Advancing Applied Analytics programme is aimed at improving analytical capability in support of health and care services, by supporting up to 12 project teams across the UK.
Projects can cover a broad range of areas if they can demonstrate improvements in analytical capability and how this will support better care in the future. With £750,000 worth of funding available, the programme is looking for projects that address capability deficiencies identified in the recent report 'Understanding Analytical Capability in Health Care', for example:
- Better understand and structure the problems faced by managers/clinicians.
- Access and understand the evidence and information that can be brought to bear on a problem.
- Apply appropriate and robust methods to manipulate information and data.
- Communicate findings accurately and clearly.
For this round, applications of particular interest include:
- Projects that help senior managers and clinicians understand the value of better analytics eg initiatives that test out innovative approaches to engaging senior staff in data analytics.
- Projects that demonstrate a clear path from the initial project to longer-term and sustainable changes beyond the life of the individual project.
A maximum of £75,000 is available per project for a maximum duration of 15 months.
Projects must be led by a local or regional NHS or social care provider or commissioning organisation including local authorities. Partnerships with other groups and sectors are welcome to apply.
Applications should be submitted by the deadline of 13 January 2020.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.