The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung - BMBF) launches a new funding initiative to promote early-career researchers in empirical education research. The scheme offers funding for the establishment of junior research groups led by postdocs or junior professors at institutions of higher education and research institutions in Germany.
The thematic focus covers a range of areas, including:
- Individual potential and educational biographies.
- Increased diversity in society: challenges for the development of quality assurance processes in educational institutions.
- Promoting social cohesion through education.
- Research on sexual violence against children and young people in educational contexts.
- Research on institutions of higher education: future lab teaching.
Eligible to apply are public and private institutions of higher education as well as non-educational research institutions in Germany.
The grant offers funding for up to 5 years to cover project-related cost such as:
- Personnel costs for researchers, including lead investigator, postdocs and doctoral students.
- Project-related travel costs.
- Material costs and investments, including cost associated with visiting researchers, archiving and data services, open access publication, project-related consumables, workshops, status seminars.
- Third party services, including project-related third party commissions, training and coaching services.
Applicants are initially asked to submit an outline project proposal.
The deadline for applications is 14 January 2020.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.