This Bundesministerium für Gesundheit (BMG - Federal Ministry of Health) call makes available funding for research projects which carry out inventory analyses of already developed working aids, guidelines and instruments in the form of a method toolbox. The main objective for the funding line is to give patients and their caregivers, as well as interested health facilities, an overview of the current state of health care research and stages of implementation.
The following research questions are to be addressed:
- What examples of Best Practice exist and how can they be adapted to other settings?
- Which institutional and organisational framework conditions for health literacy are required in health institutions?
- What are the obstacles of health institutions to focus more on health competence?
- What benefits have the health facilities identified for themselves from the introduction of health competence-promoting framework conditions (eg image, attractive employer, effective patient interviews) and what further incentives are conceivable?
- How can patients get to know health-competent healthcare facilities?
The results should be prepared in such a way that an information booklet can be created.
The following institutions in Germany are eligible to apply:
- Public and private universities and universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulen).
- Higher education institutions (hochschulen).
- Research institutes outside of higher education.
- Charitable corporations (eg registered associations, foundations, non-profit limited liability companies).
Based on eligible expenses, funding of €160,000 is granted for a maximum period of two years. Institutions of higher education and research institutes may receive up to 100% funding for eligible project expenses. An own contribution of at least 10% of project expenditure is expected.
Applications for project outlines close on the deadline of 14 October 2019.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.