This DG CONNECT call aims at funding a project to improve the curation and dissemination of audiovisual news content and informative non-fictional programming, in at least five European Union languages, across one or several VOD European platform(s). The platform(s) must allow for the curation and spread of existing content, which requires close cooperation of several media actors who agree to share content amongst themselves and make them available to audiences cross borders. The content should be consistently reachable across as many Union countries as possible.
The aim is to increase the variety of audiovisual news, informative content and programming with a pan-European perspective available to citizens, by enhancing cross-border collaboration between news media actors. The content should have a general interest approach, ie covering current affairs and topics relevant to the daily lives of European citizens.
The following types of activities are eligible under this call for proposals:
- Selection, curation, post-production and circulation of audiovisual news media content and factual programming across Europe; cost of production elements serving this objective.
- Coordination tasks, governance, management and editorial workflows, development, maintenance and enhancement of the platform(s).
- Advertising, promotion, awareness- and dissemination actions.
- Data studies and research directly related to the editorial needs and audience measurements.
Activities should start by end of January 2021 at the latest. The suggested duration of projects is 12 months and should not exceed 16 months. The total budget earmarked for the co-financing of a project under this call is estimated at €1,732,000. The maximum rate of co-financing is 70% of eligible costs. The Commission expects to fund one proposal.
The call is open to single applicants or consortia comprised of the following:
- News media companies active in the audiovisual media industry (online or linear).
- Other organisations active in the audiovisual media industry (online or linear).
Only applications from legal entities established in the following countries are eligible:
- EU Member States.
- United Kingdom.
- Candidate countries.
Proposals must be submitted by 15 September 2020 (00:00 CET).
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.