Future For Nature (FFN) is a Foundation based in the Netherlands that supports young, talented and ambitious conservationists committed to protecting species of wild animals and plants.
FFN runs a prestigious international annual award scheme, the Future For Nature Award, to celebrate tangible achievements made by early career conservationists in protecting wild animal and plant species.
The aims of the award are to:
- Reward and fund individuals for their outstanding efforts in the protection of species of wild animals and plants.
- Stimulate award winners to sustain their dedicated work.
- Help winners to raise their profile, extend their professional network and strengthen their funding basis.
The award should be used for a conservation project of the winner's own choice, and should be initiated and implemented by them. The focus of the project must be on conservation of species. The project can involve a component of (fundamental) research, but this should not be the main focus. The main focus should be conservation action with a practical impact.
- Not be older than 35 years and no younger than 18 years on 30 April 2020.
- Have achieved substantial and long-term benefit to the conservation status of one or more animal and/or plant species or for a specific population of one or more animal and/or plant species.
- Demonstrate commitment, determination and passion for conservation work.
- Have demonstrated leadership and entrepreneurship in his/her conservation work.
- Show evidence of creativity and innovation in his/her work.
- Be determined to continue his/her conservation work, as the award aims to stimulate the winner's future work.
- Be proficient in English to be able to reach a large audience.
There is no restriction on nationality or location of the applicant.
Prizes of €50,000 are awarded to three applicants. In addition to the financial prize, award winners can expect to gain international recognition and reinforced linkages to an international conservation network. Winners will also get the chance to present their work at the annual Future For Nature Award event. Travel and accommodation expenses for this are provided.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 15 September 2019.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.