The Kidney Research Paediatric Research Awards is an annual grants programme dedicated to paediatric research that will develop and improve the care and treatment of children with kidney disease. Funding is available for:
- Research project grants - to support innovative, standalone projects.
- Innovation grants - to support new areas of clinical or science research where initial pilot/supporting data is required prior to an application for a full research project award.
Applications focusing on paediatric renal research covering one or more of the following will be welcomed:
Clinical research that focuses on the:
- Diagnosis, natural history, epidemiology or treatment of children who have diseases of the kidney or urinary tract.
- Prenatal origins of childhood kidney or urinary tract diseases.
- Impact on adult health of kidney or urinary tract diseases with an onset in childhood or the prenatal period.
Laboratory research that seeks to understand:
- The causes of, and find new treatments for, childhood kidney and/or urinary tract diseases.
- How the kidney and/or urinary tract normally forms, grows and matures before and after birth.
Appications are invited from non-medical, medical, nursing, pharmacy and allied health professionals. The applicant must be resident in the UK. Both the project and any employment must take place at a UK establishment.
A total of £500,000 is available for research projects up to £200,000 for three years and innovation grants up to £40,000 for two years.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 26 September 2019.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.