The Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) has launched its final Calls for Proposals under the IMI2 programme, with topics on tackling cancer through artificial intelligence, antimicrobial resistance, neurodegenerative diseases, rare disease diagnosis, the return of clinical trial data to participants, and patient adherence.
IMI will contribute a total budget of €59 million from Horizon 2020 and will support the participation in the projects of organisations such as universities, small and medium-sized enterprises, and patient groups. EFPIA companies and IMI Associated Partners will contribute EUR 47 million, mostly as 'in-kind' contributions (eg staff time, access to equipment, etc.).
IMI2 – Call 23 is a standard, two-stage Call for proposals with the following topics:
- Returning clinical trial data to participants.
- Modelling the impact of monoclonal antibodies and vaccines on the antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
- A platform to advance neurodegenerative disease biomarker research.
- Using artificial intelligence (AI) to select the best cancer treatment.
- Towards faster diagnosis for rare diseases.
- Understanding patient adherence to treatment.
IMI2 - Call 22 is a restricted single-stage Call to provide additional support to certain existing IMI2 projects to allow them to build on their achievements and maximise the impacts of their work.
The submission deadline (for full proposals for IMI2 - Call 22, and short proposals for IMI2 - Call 23) is 29 September 2020 (17:00 CET).
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.