The LEO Foundation is a commercial foundation which supports research within medicine, pharmacy and chemistry, focusing on international research projects within dermatology and activities aimed at improving disease understanding, treatment, and awareness as well as patient well-being.
The LEO Foundation Awards constitute a global recognition and are given annually to outstanding young scientists whose work represent extraordinary contributions to dermatology research. There are three awards, one for each of the following regions: the Americas, EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa) and the Asia-Pacific. Each annual regional award will be presented in collaboration with the relevant investigative dermatology society from that region.
Eligible applicants must:
- Have conducted the research on which the application is based and have their primary workplace within the relevant region at the time of being selected as awardee.
- Be between 30 and 40 years of age at the time of being selected as awardee.
- Be able to demonstrate scientific merits in the form of at least five peer-reviewed first author or co-first author publications within skin-related research.
- Be an active scientist within skin-related research.
- Agree to become a member of the LEO Foundation Alumni Club with accompanying obligations, if selected as awardee.
Each award has a value of $100,000.
The remaining 2019 deadlines are: EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa): 31 May 2019 and Asia-Pacific: 9 August 2019.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.