The Excellent Science pillar of the EU's Horizon 2020 programme provides support for European research infrastructures. Research infrastructures are facilities, resources and services that are used by the research communities to conduct research and foster innovation in their fields.
Five new Call Topics have been launched to support the ambitions of the European Research Infrastructures strand of the Excellent Science pillar. These Topics are as follows:
- INFRAIA-02-2020: Integrating Activities for Starting Communities. Types of Action: RIA Research and Innovation. Total budget: €115 million.
- INFRAIA-03-2020: Pilot for a New Model of Integrating Activities. Types of Action: RIA Research and Innovation. Total budget: €45 million.
- INFRAINNOV-03-2020: Co-Innovation Platform for Research Infrastructure Technologies. Types of Action: RIA Research and Innovation action. Total budget: €35 million.
- INFRAINNOV-04-2020: Innovation Pilots. Types of action: RIA Research and Innovation action. Total budget: €30 million.
- INFRASUPP-02-2020: Strengthening the Human Capital of Research Infrastructures. Types of Action: CSA Coordination and support action. Total budget: €2 million.
The deadline for proposals in response to these Call Topics is 17 March 2020.
In addition, the following Call Topics opened earlier in November and are currently accepting applications:
- INFRAEOSC-03-2020: Integration and Consolidation of the Existing Pan-European Access Mechanism to Public Research Infrastructures and Commercial Services Through the EOSC Portal. Types of Action: RIA Research and Innovation action. Total budget: €40.9 million.
- INFRAEOSC-07-2020: Increasing the Service Offer of the EOSC Portal. Types of Action: RIA Research and Innovation action. Total budget: €24 million.
The deadline for proposals in response to these two Call Topics is 22 April 2020.
Applications for all Call Topics can be submitted by responding to the relevant call Topic on the European Commission's Funding & Tenders Portal.
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.