The UK Space Agency National Space Innovation Programme (NSIP) will support the development of innovative products, services and technologies that have application in the space sector. NSIP will provide grant funding to UK project teams to support the development of their innovation ideas.
The initial call invites applications for grant funding from organisations that are interested in developing their innovative products, services or technologies in either of the two core themes:
- Earth Observation to Tackle Climate Change.
- Ubiquitous Communications for Enterprise, Consumers and Government.
Proposals must meet the following criteria:
- Establish a new innovative technology, product or service and/or new IP within the UK space sector.
- May be high risk but have the potential for high returns.
- Will deliver tangible step-change in the UK’s capabilities in the space sector.
- Are led by a UK organisation.
- Have collaboration between UK industry, UK academia and/or other UK research organisations.
- Demonstrate clear benefits to the UK space sector, such as jobs, supply chain development or skills development.
- Offer high knowledge spill-over.
- Offer high potential for global exports or products and/or services.
- Offer advancement of new approaches in space science.
It is expected that the UKSA grant amount per project will lie between £200,000 and £2 million for project deliverables in FY 20/21.
Organisations submitting one or more proposals as the lead (or Prime) organisation are encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) by 10 August 2020 (12:00 BST).
Proposals must be submitted by 2 September 2020 (12:00 BST).
More information about this research funding opportunity and the application process is available on the RESEARCHconnect funding information platform. RESEARCHconnect provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on research funding news and policy. To find out more about how RESEARCHconnect can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.